breastfeeding

Should I rotate breast during same feed? Or is it OK to only use one breast per feed
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My lactation advisor told me to  alternate, but I never did. It was too difficult for me. It worked out just fine feeding from one breast at a time. =)
Helpful - 0
Ok thanks for the response.. I started rotating them but it gets really annoying ...I probably will continue to do just one at a time
Helpful - 0
It's good to rotate, but it's fine not to. I would only worry if you found you were having trouble producing. I rarely rotate with my daughter as I usually pump the other side during or after.
Helpful - 0
The best way is to rotate, but you can nurse one side if that works better. Just be aware that it can reduce your supply.
Helpful - 0
I was adviced not to rotate, one breast for one feeding. If u rotate the baby only gets the first milk which contains only water, and if you use one breast then the bay gets the first milk and the second milk that contains all vitamins and it fills his tummy, he can go 3-5hours without a feed. But if you change he will always be feeding most of the time and baby might get sick.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community