Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

breastfeeding

Should I rotate breast during same feed? Or is it OK to only use one breast per feed
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
5691681 tn?1375735348
My lactation advisor told me to  alternate, but I never did. It was too difficult for me. It worked out just fine feeding from one breast at a time. =)
Helpful - 0
Ok thanks for the response.. I started rotating them but it gets really annoying ...I probably will continue to do just one at a time
Helpful - 0
It's good to rotate, but it's fine not to. I would only worry if you found you were having trouble producing. I rarely rotate with my daughter as I usually pump the other side during or after.
Helpful - 0
The best way is to rotate, but you can nurse one side if that works better. Just be aware that it can reduce your supply.
Helpful - 0
7915225 tn?1539215847
I was adviced not to rotate, one breast for one feeding. If u rotate the baby only gets the first milk which contains only water, and if you use one breast then the bay gets the first milk and the second milk that contains all vitamins and it fills his tummy, he can go 3-5hours without a feed. But if you change he will always be feeding most of the time and baby might get sick.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.