Son with drug and alcohol problems

I have a 16 year old son , who I found out was doing Pot and Oxcotin, At first it was pot and I put him in a drug counsler program. He failed a drug test , and was eventually kick out of the counsler because of his drug remarks. Then he ended up on probation because he had a violent esposide, and I called the police and put him on CHINS. Well just last week , he went to school and drank beers. The school resource officer call and did a soberity test and he was drunk. He was charged as a adult, and suspended from school for 20 days. We go to court on June 16 for this and he is facing 300 fine. I havent spoke to my son since wednesday, because I know I will say things I will regret. I try to give him all the help I can and my husband says we have to roll with the punches, but how much more?
Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You have to make sure as he is a minor he gets help its not a matter of rolling with the punches, he is going to ruin his life.. get tough on him, ground him, take everything away till he stays in counseling ,whatever it takes, no going out no anything, Are they allowed to drink beer at school find out how this happened sounds as if the school is accountable here. You need professional help for him, its in your hands make him realise this behavior is not permitted in your house.  
Helpful - 0
PS Where is he getting Oxycontin from and pot , where does the money come from, do some detective work and find out who is enabling his behavior because someone is, thats for sure.
Helpful - 0
this sounds exactly like the situation with my brother, sean. he got into pot, then went on probation, and now is smoking cigarettes, and doing cough syrup, the poor kid, doesn't have any idea what he's doing.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Teens (12-17) Community