he wont stop peeing

I have a % year old son and he has been peeing all over my house sence he was about 2 he is potty trained and all but he likes to pee in jars or any thing else he can find. He also likes to hide the jars after he dose this he also just likes to pee on the floor next to the potty not in it and he has taken to peeing on the floor and every were else throught out the house and i am so frustrated if i could please get some help.  Do i need to take him to a doctor of some kind what can i do i am so frustrated
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is he supervised by you, does he do the peeing in jars in front of you? dont let him have access to jars and be around when he is going to do it and stop him, by leading him over to the potty or toilet. How old is he.?Very often some children when potty trained early do fall back and you have to do some more training.each time you think he is going to do it lead him qietly over, no yelling, and put him on the potty.If you are making an issue of it he could also be finding it gets him attention, so make sure he is getting plenty of positive attention, and Games and fun.
Helpful - 0
I kind off have the same problem.  My son is 3 1/2 yrs old and he went to the restroom fine.  On his own!  For the past 2 months, it seems as if he is getting lazy and pees in his pants.  This past weekend he pooped in his pants.  I have taken his toys away, put him on time out for the whole day but it does not seem to work.  I have read in several places that sometimes toddlers cant control their bladders, and i have tried to be very patient.  I took him to the doctor about 1 month ago, and he mentioned that its perfectly normal  It does not seem normal to me anymore!  What should I do now?  I think I have lost my patience!
Helpful - 0
One has to say this is so common a problem perhaps it is normal and the earlier the child is potty trained the more they fall back later, he will get over it ,I dont think punishment is the way to go here ,some children dont wipe them selves too well and it can cause staining of their underwear also check he is not condtipated. If he goes to pre school check their policys on giving the children plenty of potty breaks as children dont always want to ask to go , and retain it . Good Luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community