toddler travel

My 3 1/2 year old's dad lives in a different state. He wants to come here and pick her up to take her to his home for a week long visit without me. My daughter has never been away from me. Is this too young an age for her to begin this type of separation from me?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is a hard one to answr my own gut feeling is that the child would be better with a shorter stay alone with him then as she gets older progress to longer, others may see it differantly ,it is great she can see her Dad but you may find if you do this and shes not used to being away from you there will be a lot of crying and she will be very clingy with you for a while, why cant he come and stay somewhere near you then have her overnight to start with. Has he any new Family now, new wife?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community