"used" Christmas present

Sorry, don't know where else to post this. Just wanted peoples opinions.
Do you think it's "tacky" to give a 2 year old a "gently used" Christmas present?
In this case, it's a monsters Inc mike sully "bedtime sully" stuffed animal. He yawns, snores, has a glowstick and says 8 phrases.
He is a collectors item, no longer sold in stores, so I have no choice to buy him used. My son is obsessed with that movie!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Not at all. We are giving a few second hand (but good as new) presents as we don't have much money. It's not about the presents anyway and your little one won't know, or care. :)
Helpful - 0
I think it is perfectly fine.  I often buy my son things from the Children's consignment store.  They outgrow things (clothes and toys) so quickly, and most gently used items are just as good as new.  And trust me, the child won't care.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community