WHAT ARE THE BEST METHODS OF PREVENTING PARKINSONS FROM BECOMING WORSE

Are there natural methods of preventing the tremors from becoming worse? Are there  holistic  methods for helping Parkinson's patients with the tremors or special home massage devices or infrared treatments available that can aid in the management of Parkinsons?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I could tell you one natural remedy that a neurologist could supervise the usage of which is rhodiola. I take it for tardive dyskinesia which is clinically related to Parkinson's and its quite helpful on dystonic spasms and a variety of other spasms. I found about it after a presentation by the researcher. Google "the Rhodiola Revolution". It wouldn't replace standard medications though but could be added to them and helps on Parkinsonian depression as well.
Helpful - 0
The best advise I can give is to walk, run, dance. The more active I am the less medication I need. A massage fells great and it does help. Eating a well balanced diet helps as well. I have been living with  PD for 7 + years. Although the disease has progressed I find ways to cope.  Keeping a good sence of humor helps. Best of luck to you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parkinson’s Disease Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life