In need of desperate help !

Hello ,
I am 16 years old and my PATM started in early 2016 and has gotten really bad. In its earliest stages I would only experience PATM during school , however since the COVID-19 pandemic hit  people now react to me in public and outside as well. I find it very stressful at the fact people react to me through masks. Yesterday,  I was required to go take a state test and many of my classmates were sniffling , coughing ,  very sluggish. One classmate even got a nosebleed ! This sent me into a nervous breakdown and had to leave early.

I keep a very strict diet. I do not eat gluten , limit sugar , limit carbs , limit fried foods , and consume a lot of berries , probiotics , and celery juice.

I find it very frustrating  ,that the better I eat , the worse my condition gets :( , I do not want to live life like this.

Here are some statistics of mine :
- 5'3''
- Female
- 118 lbs
- Brittle Nails
- 22'' waist

PLEASE HELP
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Annette,

I am sorry to ear that. This thing hit you to young !
For your exams it is obviously first difficult to concentrate when you have that much sensitivity. Then, I think brain fog is the main reason, you express yourself very well but on more theoretical subjects it can be a real handicap.
Brain fog leads to memory issues and depression.
Well I hope your diet helps. Cutting out gluten helped me ending with suffering. I don’t pay attention to reactions anymore but brain fog is still there.

Memory issues can be recognized from a medical state point. Some specialists can evaluate your cognitive performances.

This is a good state point to see what your future can be.

Good luck with it ;)

Helpful - 0
Hi thank you so much for your input ! Suprisingly , I actually have an excellent memory and can recall things vividly as long as 10 years ago. I can also focus on things for long periods of time. The only things I strongly believe caused my PATM is exposure to mold or fungus , use of antibiotics ,  and poor nutrition in the past.
Well glad to ear you can focus on a long period of time. I have a simple question, are you able to read books ?

In my opinion PATM has a genetic origin as some psycotic desease. It happens from puberty to beginning of adult age.

Yes I am able to read books .
Ok great !
Arnaud I understand you have the right to follow your beliefs but psychotic desease?
Maybe you are a psychotic and I wish you the best, but I'm afraid this is not a mental issue.
Best regards
Then if it is not a mental illness what do you think it is ?
Is a physiological issue, the reactions of the people are facts so for be a mental issue should be percepción of your mind.
Honesty I'm believe you have any kind of mental issue.
Ok so if only facts why do you think it happens ?
I'm not a doctor or a medical research, but some people have allergy to polen  is a fact and doctors don't know how to cure.
Is there a lot illness that doctors don't know how happen or how treated it.
Anyway if you believe is a psychotic issue ask your doctor for antipsychotic pills and if you stop to see reactions in people you have reason, you are cure, at least in your case.
I'm sure in your case antipsychotic will work really well.
Regards.
I already have
Don't any sugar at all. That includes fruits, like berries, that have natural sugars in them. Any sort of caffeine as well. Very little meat. I have a friend on this board who after some years got serious about the diet and a month or so ago no longer has symptoms or get reactions from people. I'm doing the same diet as him and it's working. If you want to know the diet, let me know.
Helpful - 0
Hello ! Can you please let me know the diet ?

Did you get the email?
I did not receive the email , can you post it instead ?
Thanks ,
Sure thing! It's long and very detailed. Also it isn't easy, but it will give you the results you desire if you stick with it. Naturally, I left our names out of the email, but this poster went by the name Jimp, and if you want me to put you in touch with him I can do so. Here's the email.
I posted it, but it looks like it's been removed. I'll try again.
Subject: good news
i finally get rid of patm, it was tough but i achived it.
my dayly routine

I suffered from PATM from 2005 to February 2021.

I had a heavy antibiotic course, working 70 hours weekly, stress, eating at 7/11 - pastries and a lot of junk food. I also tended to swallow this Listerine breath strips. I worked nightshift (5:00pm-5:00am) Friday & Saturday -- I used to sleep only 30 minutes. I almost ended up homeless during these nightmare years, using restrooms or apartment hallways to get shelter from the cold as it is hard to be with our relatives in small apartments. There is so much to share but I'll let you know what I did to solve the problem and to maintain healthy eating habits.

I recommend a laxative before starting this healthy eating to flush out toxins and accelerate the process of healing.

6:40am -- 1 pill of Flore probiotic 20 minutes before breakfast (optional but recommended)

7:00am -- 14oz of homemade kefir for breakfast. Take on an empty stomach. Kefir has carbohydrates and many vitamins. Customize the amount based on your body's needs (height, weight, gender, activity). I found 14oz works best for me but it's likely different for you.

12:00pm -- lunch. LOW-FODMAP/CANDIDA DIET works like a charm. Salad -- any salad greens: romaine, lettuce, arugula, spinach, tomato, walnuts, pecans, olive oil, avocado, some plain chicken and turkey. Protein should be less than 4oz each meal (less for a female). No cheese, raisins, croutons or dressings.

Before 5:00pm -- dinner. Another salad -- romaine, lettuce, arugula, spinach, tomato, 3oz chicken and turkey (plain). It's better to avoid animal protein for dinner. You could exchange the dinner salad for fruit and hot tea if you don't want another salad. No eating after 5:00pm.

Snacks -- only if hungry -- at 10am or 3pm have fruit in moderation -- kiwi, cantaloupe or rolled oats (no more than 1/4 cup dry) Bob's Red Mill is a good brand of gluten-free high quality oats.

Any hot tea during the day without sugar is good
..........
.......

If I eat protein, I take Acidprozyme from Dr. Jocker.

Sometimes I take 1 pill of Vitamin B12 and 1 pill of Vitamin B2 from Dr. Jocker (https://store.drjockers.com/products/b12-power) with my Flore pills

select Methyl cobalamin B12 -- it's the only one the body absorbs easily

Sometimes I also take Resveratrol

I also take 1 or 2 pills dayly of these enzimes : https://klaire.com/sra-serralase

When doing this make sure to get vitamin c -- the best way to obtain these are to eat kiwis, oranges, cantalopes, limes, lemons. If the body doesn't have enough Vitamin C then it will get rid of the B12 through your urine.

Drink water throughout the day and after 5:00pm.

1 hour (or less) before I go to bed I drink 1 Perrier sparkling water with lemon.

If I am craving I don't eat; only eat if you are hungry.

My kefir is a mix of 7oz milk and 7oz coconut milk (365 brand) fermented for 3 days.

I was taking natural antifungals like pau d'arco, grapefruit seed extract, resveratrol, black walnut, wormwood, goldenseal, cumin, etc. I reduced my intake. These are optional.

Flore pills (customized probiotics) are optional. If you can't afford them, eat small amounts of sauerkraut, kimchi (starting with 1 teaspoon at a time before increasing) until PATM is gone

For SIBO sufferers, don't mix oatmeal with kefir.
Kefir must be strictly on an empty stomach; try to drink it slowly.

Try to have a 5-6 hour window between meals.

My PATM was gone in 3 months.

After about 4 months, I did a sauerkraut fast -- I drank water during the day and ate walnuts when hungry.

chicken soup is a good alternative, chicken salt water and vegetable
even rice can be eaten in small portions
i rent a bedroom i can't use the kitchen thats the reason i mostly eat salads

Well this is a keto diet.
I recommand just leaving gluten, indeed there is no gluten on the list.
This is a hard to follow diet to keep, I recommand starting by this diet then reintroduce ingredients regarding how your PATM is evolving.
Good luck with it ;)
Thank you so much !!
Anyone tried this diet after he posted?
lol,  enjoying life and eating so healthy, it takes time and patience.
no bread in any form, avoid fruits with seeds and high in sugar like guava....berries in moderation....seeds are resistant starch that feeds good and bad bacteria.
good luck  just wanted to say hi
It's nice to hear from you Jimp. I'm glad that you're doing good and thank you for the recipes and instructions. It's very hard (you made it look easy), but it's making a big difference.
Sugar makes it worse because it is inflammation. I saw my GP yesterday and I forgot to ask her about putting me on some steroids. I think they are the only thing that will help. She is referring me out to another GI doctor. I will ask them about it. I will certainly keep y’all updated. I ate some cookies and other **** that I shouldn’t of eaten two days ago. Man when I tell you there was a smell in my nose like death. I could not smell it before eating that sugar. I still can. But it will disappear after about 4-7 days. I know this is what other people are smelling. It has to be.
Seven to tell you that if you repeat that in your head the PATM will get worse, the only way to decrease is to lower the sense of guilt, it is difficult but what did you want, some pills? It is not like that, and if you want to eliminate it will be slow and that starts with you ......
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry to tell you that if you repeat that in your head the PATM will get worse, the only way to decrease is to lower the sense of guilt, it is difficult but what did you want, some pills? It is not like that, and if you want to eliminate it will be slow and that starts with you ......
Helpful - 0
Hi Annette. Listen am going to respond with somethings I've been noticing as far as my self. Now I've known I've had this for longer than you, so somethings might help. I say notice because I've probably had had this much longer( my whole life maybe) but since we experience life in the first person I have only known I had this for about 9 years now. It was like the Matrix moment for me. Anyway enough of that. Let's get down to business.

First off, the things I've been noticing with my case may not translate to you, or hopefully so. Because am male and your female. Also nothing am going to tell you is a finished product or the final answer, because I am still experimenting on my self.

Ok. Second. I also believe I have this thing called TMAU, you probably have heard about it. About half the people on this thread claim to have some form of it. I used to think that PATM and TMAU were one and the same, but from things I've been noticing lately I am starting to change my mind on that. Although they may ultimately still have the same root cause(or not) I believe they have different triggers.

Third. You have to understand how much more difficult this confusing or taking PATM and TMAU as one and the same has been. Because when I would see reactions for PATM I used to get discouraged thinking nothing was working ( and maybe my TMAU was down, but I thout it wasn't, cuz I thought they were both the same) when maybe it was.

Forth. One of the things I find that these things have in common is inflammation, but I don't know exactly why( still a work in progress, like I said)

OK. TO THE GOOD STUFF.

I've been able to Isolate TMAU from My PATM, where sometimes I'll get reactions from one but not the other and vice-versa. Sometimes I can even get both conditions to be so low as to be practically gone ( this takes work though)

Ok for PATM, what works and what seems to trigger it. Ok this is going to sound weird please keep an open mind. And also am not sure if this would work for you, because you are female, or if there is a female equivalent to this. I know female bodies go through different things than men. Ok what I've noticed works best with PATM with me is to stop MASTURBATING. ON the third day the reactions are minimal and by the fourth and fifth day the reactions are pretty much gone. What also helps is to relax and stop worrying about it so much. Now I have also noticed that there are diminishing returns to this NO MASTURBATING thing. In other words if you hold out long enough and the PATM starts to come back ( after about 2 weeks) I don't know why. Maybe it's the body trying to compensate or whatever. So maybe it's a chemicals imbalance. And I don't know if this will work for girls because am not sure if your bodies work the same, or if girls even masturbate as much as men do. But maybe you can find an equivalent, in other words some process that drains you or vice-versa pumps your body with some chemical or chemicals that am not sure what they are yet. Also things that I've noticed trigger this, 1: eating to much salt, the regular salt( not so much with himalayan pink salt) and sometimes when I excercise to much(weight training in particular) I start to see more reactions. Not sure why the weight training thing does that, my theories are that maybe the inflammation or maybe when I am loosing weight my body burns fat with chemicals already in my body, who knows. Ok that's all I've noticed with PATM.

On TMAU I've noticed that eating foods with low choline helps a lot. This is hard to do, it was especially hard at first, because I didn't know what I was doing. I would only eat salads and vegetables and that would seem to help but now I know that there are fruits and vegetables that have high choline, so now I stay away from those. At first I would also stay away from sugars but now I realize that a few candies and sweets are actually low choline, so you can eat them and still maintain low reactions. But not sure how healthy that is.( Am talking about things like marshmallows, Skittles, gummies etc anyway look up foods low on choline). Eggwhites are also low in choline, so is white rice if you cook it plain. Now I know you'll eventually want some meat or something else that's why I only go like 2 or 3 weeks on the diet then I cheat for a few days. But little by little I have been pushing it for longer, eventually maybe I can go full time or as long as I want to anyway.

Anyway I hope this helps. If you have any questions just write. Maybe together we can find out more about this. Also I will probably post this stuff I've noticed with my body on the main thread. Also there seems to be cures and better treatments on the horizon, with gene therapies and enzymes therepies so hang in there.
Helpful - 0
I think people calls it Patm because we get reactions from other people that are like are allergic to us. It could be tmau. But it is very difficult to get tested. I have read on the **** research website  that they tested a bunch of people for tmau and their tests were negative.
It is very devastating. I have a neighbor who moved out of his house because he was tired of smelling me. Yes it is just that bad.
crazeek, did your neighbour tell you this or do you just assume?
People won’t tell you that you smell. I have been dealing with this for about 9-10 years maybe longer. I think it has just gotten worse over time. Nobody has ever said anything to me. The facial expressions, looking at me frowning  and the whispering to each says a lot. I lived with my daughter for a while. Two of her neighbors moved out. They knew the smell was coming from inside our house. Seriously. Neighbors would come outside and stand around like what is that smell. I was really embarrassed. So moved again to another state. The neighbor next door who is the only one right next to me on this side of the street. According to my other daughter who I am living with now . These people had just remodeled and moved there and they didn’t move out , but they had everything turned off and left. I notice whenever I go outside they would stick their head out the door. The lady across the street came out and was walking around like what is that smell. Y’all I am serious. Even in my car if someone pulls up beside me they can smell me. Maybe my situation is worst than everyone else. There is another person I had conversations with on another forum about this problem. Or I ran across what she posted on the internet. But anyway she said the exact same thing. Her neighbors can smell her from inside her house. There have been people on this forum who has made statements about being homeless due to this awful **** because neighbors are complaining.

OK. TO THE GOOD STUFF.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the People Allergic to Me (PATM) Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.