Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Peripheral Arterial Disease

My hands and feet swell extremely if a little warm and if cold, go purple and numb with extreme pain. My right leg gets a burning then stabbing pain from walking and both feet burn, to a degree, where I am unable to have the pressure of a sheet on them.  My feet must hang over the edge of the bed when sleeping.  I have had an operation on the right pulse of my wrist, as my hand and arm swelled abnormally, with no blood reaching the fingers.  My hands are becoming very "clumsy" when tackling everyday tasks and pain is experienced in the hand and up the arm.  An orthapaedic surgeon sent me for tests (not sure what they're called) but resulted in the diagnosis of peripheral arterial disease.  I have never consumed alcohol in my life, eat very healthily (not enjoying sweet treats)am type 2 diabetic, have inherited cholestral, am 5kg overweight and a light smoker. I suffer with extreme intense recurring episodes of pain and pressure at the base of my skull and in the mastoid bones. (doctors keep treating me for mastoidits) My lymph glands become very swollen too, all of which leaves me totally unable to function for at least two weeks of every month.  I am desperate to find a solution to assist with an improved quality of life.  Your suggestion and advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you
2 Responses
709619 tn?1230161475
You posted your comment in the Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community, which is nothing at all related to Peripheral Arterial Disease.  You won't find answers here...
My apologies
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community

Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease