trigonocephaly

My daughter is 3.5 years old and has metopic craniostenosis.She is very intelligent and has no developmental problems till now.Her forehead is triangular shaped and it got better from when she is born.Is there any need of a surgery to remove the cosmetic issue?Is it will be healed naturally as she grows?Is it will be a big issue in the future for her?I didn't see anybody with such  a problem.We are under pressure whether to do a major surgery just for a cosmetic issue.Is there any adult with trigonocephaly and not done surgery and look better in adulthood?

This discussion is related to Metopic synostosis in Adults. Can it be corrected?.

You are reading content posted in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Community

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.