Hamster Problem

My hamster is about 2 years old and recently i have noticed a very large lump on her side. i know she wouldn't be pregnant as we have had her so long. She doesn't seem to be in pain with it but it is getting bigger. Any ideas on what this could be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hamsters can get fatty tissue lumps which aren't in themselves dangerous. I know, you're probably worried about cancer, but not all lumps instantly mean cancer.

It's also possible the wee one bumped herself and did herself a small injury.

You should take her in to get her checked just to be sure. If you do, be sure the vet is an exotics specialist.
Helpful - 0
That's great, thanks for the advice, will take her this weekend when i'm off work.
cheers
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community

Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.