Pain, Blood, freaky

I'm on the depot shot. Have been for a year and recently had a very very light period. It creeped me out but went away so I related it to stress. However, now I am faced with yet another problem. Whenever me and my husband have sex, my discharge has blood in it. Anyone know what could cause this?

Possible symptoms:
Irritable, tired, weak, left side pain
I personaly don't like the depo shot. I have heard so many women complain about it and have the worse side affects from it. I think with the depo your suppose to get a period just very light and some never get a period at all. If your having abnormal bleeding I would advise you to call your doctor because you might need to try another birth control.
the depo shot completely messed my cycle up! I took it for a year and when I got off of it, I bled for 8 months straight!  My periods were not regular in 6 years then I found out I had PCOS.  I swear it's because of that shot! I would never recommend it.  I have had nothing but problems with my cycle since then. You should definately switch your BC in my opinion.
Yasmin is a great bcp that works well with those who have PCOS.
I was also on the depo for a year...I never had any bleeding while on it...however my mom got it once and didn't stop bleeding until it was out of her system...so I think people respond differently.  Since you have been on it for a year I would check with the doctor since it is in fact unusual for you.  I also would NEVER recommend the shot to anyone.  I also had nothing but negative side effects.  I had a 28 day cycle when I got on the shot.  I gained a lot of weight on it and when I got off I never got my cycle back naturally..had to have it induced with provera..still do.  I have been diagnosed with PCOS since being off of the shot.  It has been over 5 years since I got off and I still have so many issues.  I know that docs say that PCOS is hereditary but I too swear I wouldn't have these issues today if it hadn't been for that shot.  I have avoided BC ever since...and now unfortunately I can't just get pregnant.  I always wonder now if I ever needed BC at all.
I feel the EXACT same way!  And I too now cannot get pregnant.  I can't believe that this has even happened in fact.  You hear about people not being able to have kids and you NEVER think something like that can happen to you but it does and it's really sad!

You are reading content posted in the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community