what med if any?

I have PCOS. I was just diagnosed. I am very healthy and at a good weight. All my blood work came back normal.  When they did my ultrasound it showed I had a lot of cysts on both my left and right overy. Will my doc put me on Metformin or Clomid? What drives the decision for one drug over the other or using both?
Metformin because it's the best
It all depends I am slightly underweight and my dr did not want to put me on metformin because it can help you lose weight so for a few years i was on bc pills to help since i didnt want kids but now that we are ttc i was put on clomid to help ovulation but meds have pros and cons so it all depends on what you need

You are reading content posted in the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community