trauma and genocide

as you know, genocide occured in rwanda and parts of europe. what im looking for is some people to either give first, second or stories that they've heard of how people are dealing with their emotions.

im writing a short story for the Toronto Star due by the end of december.

This story, if won, will help every understand the true trauma of genocide. we are living in a world that will soon forget what happened.

What will happen to the youth when all the veterans have died? will we continue to wear our poppies? Will more movies be made????

If you want good movies to watch here are some i reccomend.

Holocaust

Scheidnler's list <--sp?
The Pianist

Rwanda

Shake Hands with the devil ( this one is canadian made, based on the experience of second lt. Romeo Dallaire and gives a clear indication of what happened for 100 days while the world stood by....also available in a book...same title)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
  I think that is an incredibly beautiful and (I fear) naive thought - that some day all the veterans will be gone....Are you just referring to the world wars or did you mean it like that?
  p.s. and why is this question posted in the postpartum depression community?
Helpful - 0
i think i meant to write it on the Post Traumatic Disorder ...woah, what a night :P
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.