Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Anyone know of natural pregnancy at 47?

Does anyone know of anyone who is 47 or older who has become pregnant, and / or carried to term, a child from their own eggs? I am 47, finally woke up to realize how much I want this, and of course, the doctor is telling me there is a 1% chance (basically not possible). I am curious if there are ANY examples of women who got pregnant and had healthy babies with their own eggs at this age?

Also, egg donation seems to be the only option, but I wonder about the fact that it is not your own genetic material...it seems like that would make it so difficult, so sad, but maybe I am not thinking of this the right way...

Any help or comments would be so appreciated. Thank you.
To be completely honest, it would be very difficult to conceive naturally and carry full term at 47.  If this is what you truly want then I wish you luck.  Your best option truly is to try donor eggs.  There are a number of women on this forum who have had successful pregnancies that way, and I can tell you that they love their babies with 100% of their heart.  It is such a personal decision.  Some only want a baby that is 100% theirs genetically, to others it just doesn't matter.  There is no right or wrong answer, it truly depends on what matters to you.  Please don't take this as negative or judgemental, I completely respect everyone's right to make their own decision, I just really believe that donor eggs is your best option at this point.  Whatever you decided, I truly wish you all the best!
Hi Janet,

Natural pregnancy and delivery at 47 certainly has happened - many many thousands of times! 1% is far from impossible - but it is far from probable, as well. I'm 44, and the statistical odds are against me as well, but I'm just going ahead the natural way. If I have no children by the time menopause hits, I'll consider adopting an older child. It's a highly personal choice of how to proceed. And, as adgal says, using a donor egg is also a highly personal choice. If you're interested in donor eggs and wonder if you're thinking of it "the wrong way" - well, think of it a different way! There are lots of happy moms with children from donor eggs.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum!
~Wendy
A coworker of mine has a friend who tried with her DH to get pregnant for several years at 40. They eventually gave up and turned their energy to caring for their ailing parents, work, etc. Well, at 50 years old(!), this woman unexpectedly became pg! She and her DH were totally stunned, but decided to move forward with the pg. They now have a healthy daughter. I'm sure it's not easy at 50, but it has been done.

Also, I would like to say that due to my age (43) and high FSH levels, my RE gave me a 1% chance of getting pg. Well, I did get pg NATURALLY! Unfortunately, my hCG levels have dropped so my RE told me to wait for miscarriage, but the point is that it can happen, even with a 1% chance. I am hopeful that it'll happen again and this time stick.

Good luck to us all!
I am dealing with trying to get pregnant myself ....and that is a blessing to get pregnant at 50 am 46 trying to get pregnant...and i would like to know what can i do to get pregnant....was told to try fertile pills....my doctor also told me i was fertile so i don't know what is going on.
I would say that you will absolutely need to work with a fertility specialist.  Natural pregnancy in the late 40's and beyond is very rare.  So, seek fertility help and we'll keep our fingers crossed.
Hi Janet...

Although the "stats" say "low", anything is possible. Check the web & definitely check here through out MedHelp. Also, it might be encouraging for you to join the "Group" TTC 40 (Trying To Conceal) 40+. Make sure to check out the Post...Roll Call. ;o) Also, I know for sure there was a woman that was on this Forum named Susan...not sure if she is still on board, but she was 50 & carried for 8 mos. Unfortunately she lost her babygirl @ 8 mos.

A friend of mine works in a hospital in N.C. & told me about a Young Lady there who had a healthy babygirl @ age 50...conceived totally naturally...she was not trying to conceive. ;o)

I just read a post by a young lady from UK that shared a post titled: "Ladies not feeling like a spring chicken lately." I haven't read it, but it looked llike it was going to be an interesting ready...hopefully it will hold some encouragement for you.

Cheers,
--Savanha
I am 46 1/2 years old and 4.5 weeks pregnant.  I know that I have a long way to go and understand the complications that may arise but conceiving naturally, going to full term, and delivering a healthy baby at our age is possible and has been happening for generations.

I continue to read many positive stories about healthy babies being born to older woman and 1% out of millions of woman trying to conceive is better than 0%. Twelve months ago, I was pregnant for the first time and had a miscarriage at nine weeks but this year have taken better care of my health in preparing for the pregnancy.

I wish you and everyone trying to have a child over 40 much luck and happiness.

I became pregnant at 47 and held the baby until 3 months plus, then for some reason lost it. I think  I lost it because my husband was so against it that I was full of stress. I think he was happy that I lost the baby. I do think that if not for his behavior, I would have been fine. I had already had two perfect pregnancies prior to that. Don not give up hope. My grandmother, years ago had a baby at 40 when it was almost unheard of, and she was just perfect. Good Luck.
I gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby girl conceived naturally at age 47.  No major problems and a very normal pregnancy......other than being under the very watchful eye of my ob/gyn.  That 1% means it can happen.  I'm living proof.  
Hi, there!
How are you, what is your news? Hope you are pregnant already.If not, good luck!!! Lots of love and hugs to you.
It's march 2014, and I'm reading these post from the past wondering how did things turn out for you? I just found out I am pregnant, just about to turn 47 in 2 weeks! I'm about 3 or 4 weeks pregnant. It was unexpected and naturally conceived! So I am trying to absorb as much info as possible!!
My mom had my sister at 45. Totally natural conception.  Great pregnancy, healthy baby girl, she's 18 now. Good luck!
I'm almost 47 and just found out I am expecting. I also have high blood pressure (heredity, not due to my weight) I am absolutely terrified. I don't know whether to feel blessed or not.....abortion is not an option, I believe that this is happening for a reason. My husband and I have a 23 year old, a 12 year old and an 8 year old PLUS a 3 year old grandbaby! It almost seems ludacris, LOL

Arwynns Mommy
Can you please tell me the outcome of your pregnancy? Thanks
Could you please inform us with the result..?
I am 46, will be 47 in August and I jut found out that I am pregnant, almost 5 weeks.  I also have high blood pressure.  This is a natural pregnancy and I was caught completely off guard when my doctor told me.  I was scheduled for surgery and right before, they told me I was pregnant.  I am also in shock and scared that something will happen to the baby.

I have a doctor appt tomorrow to check my HCG levels and again for Monday to check my levels.  The doctor said that the levels should double every 48 - 72 hours.  Prayers please that this is a healthy pregnancy.  I have one son, 25 years old and am a grandmother to a 6 month old baby.

My husband is in shock as well, but we are taking it one day at a time since it is so early anything can happen.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.