Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Missed period and tubal

I am 41 years old and my period is about 5 days late. I had a tubal about 5 years ago. I took a pregnancy test and its negative. My thoughts are if I was pregnant the test would be positive but I am not sure. My period has never been this late.
Your cycle can be late for reasons other then pregnancy. It could be something like an ovarian cyst or hormone levels being a little off. Even stress has been known to affect your cycle. If you don’t get a period you can try doing another home pregnancy test (since tubal ligation aren’t 100%) or call your OB/GYN to see about going in for a pelvic ultrasound and/or some labs. Wishing you the best!
E
Thank you. I have never been late. My cycle has always been the same. I will keep this post updated as I have seen many posting the same question with no updates.
I hope you get some answers soon!
You can private message me or reply here and I’ll check on you again!
I had a tubal and am 42. Did you lose a tube and ovary?
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.