Labor fears

I am 34 weeks pregnant my first and i am getting really nervous and scared about labor I know its normal but any ideas on how to shake the fear
First off congrats but it's one of those life experiences where you learn as you go through the motion all the advice in the world still wouldn't help but it's a good experience look at it like not all woman can give birth it's truly a blessing just relax
The best advice I could give is to remember what's going to happen with labor is going to happen. All you can do is stay heathy. Worrying isn't going to change any of it. Plus it's well worth it.
Congrats! I agree w what these ladies have said, whatever ypu go thru its def worth it. With that being said i felt the same way when i had my first child. It was the fear of the unknown that i had the hardest time with. It is a very scary experience even if you have been through it before. Also when we get pregnant its  like every other mom like to tell you their delievery war stories and it scares you lol. When you go in theres going to be a lot of paper work, they will make you undress and then start hooking you up to all kinds of machines, they will draw blood and give you an IV. If your being induced they will wait until your dialated far enough and contractions are strong enough for an epidural (if that's the decision you have made) before then if your in pain they will give you something for pain. They will come in and check you a lot to see how far your dialated and then if everything goes the way its suppose to once your far enough along they will just walk in calmly and ask you to start pushing. If your like me and your not progressing and they have to do a c-section  (not trying to scare you but sometimes things happen not that thats bad) then they will tell you they need to do a c-section and they will come in and prep you and then wheel you into that delivery room and wait for your person to come in and they will start. To me the scariest part was that epidural lol but they do it during a contraction so you dont even feel it, they also rub some numbing gel on your skin too. It seems like there was a lot of waiting and waiting until it happened and then it went very fast lol. But like other women say iys worth it and afterwards its like something happens in your brain and you forget the pain. Meditation works good if you find yourself really scared and nervous. Also you can talk to your obgyn or midwife and let them know how your feeling and they can set your mind at ease also or can make sure things are kept more calm in they delivery room if at all possible. And hopefully my description of what happens helped you somewhat its all very unknown and can be uncomortable but you will be in your own little bubble alot and not paying attention to a whole lot going on around you. Congrats!

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.