Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

SHOWER ETIQUETTE?!

Okay so my sister in law is throwing my baby shower on the 4th and I know its a lot of work. The invitations, decorations, food prep... not only is it a lot of work but it seems she is spending a lot of money too! What I am wondering is how is the host of a shower supposed to be thanked? Did you ladies get a special gift or card for the person who threw your shower?  I know she isnt expecting anything but I almost feel like I have to somehow thank her especially for all she is doing/has done? Any ideas or tips?   I am not working so money is tight but my man wouldnt mind spending a few dollars for a thank you if necessary.... tips, advice please and thank you!!!
I would buy a thank you card and maybe a small gift card to maybe a coffee house she likes if she has one she likes. Just something small so she knows how thankful you are.
I got gifts for my sister and neighbor that are Co-hosting.  My sister has been wanting a Thirty-One bag and my neighbor loves Precious Moments so I got one of those.  I think a thank-you gift is a wonderful gesture.
I always do thank you gifts. They don't have to be big by any means. My best friends threw mine and I got them
Each a really cute bottle of wine and wrote them a nice thank you note. I do think that people who offer to throw showers for you genuinely like doing so and even though it's a lot of work they have fun doing the work!
Thank you gift of some sort, which you can present to her at the shower
My mom threw mine and I got her a nice watch.
Thanks everyone! I will have to put some thought into it and get her something! (:
I gave my bestie a thank you card and a pedi gift certificate
I got my mom who threw my shower a thank you card and also a mani and pedi gift certificate.
maybe a nice relaxing day at the spa.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.