baby exzema

Do any of you ladies have a child/baby that has exzema? What has worked for you to help clear it?
Both of my daughters have it.  The dr gave me a prescription body wash and lotion its this stuff
http://www.cetaphil.com/products/moisturizers/.
I think you can buy it over the counter. I have tried the oatmeal baths and. Aveeno with no success. They have patches on their legs now with no pigment because the eczema got so bad when they were babies.
Aveno is what worked for us, and "all free and clear" laundry soap
My brother had it pretty bad when he was younger I still remember the doc usually give you something but otmeal baths are good to help with the irritation.  
This cream and body wash called Mustela Stelatopia this worked miracles on my daughter. Never needed medicated cream again after trying everything for 4 years
My son has it pretty bad I never use lotiins since it tends to dry faster than vaseline I swear by aquaphor.. u should aslo check if ur babyb has allergies because kine was allergic to oatmeal amd wheat so avenno made it worst vasaline is the way to go always keep it moist. My sons 9 I have been doing this for 8 years.  
I have had eczema all my life! I am 30 now. Avoid perfumed products, also aim for ph balanced soap free products. Often times a mild prescribed cortisone based cream is very helpful. My son had eczema as a baby too, I found the cream to help him. I have, over the years moved to a much stronger cream.
A few drops of olive oil in the bath is fantastic.
Sounds horrible but often it's trial and error.
Check your detergents and cleaning products as they can also lead to break outs. Over the Years I have worked out what flares mine up and what is ok to use.
Biggest thing to remember is to keep the skin moist but not wet, allow the area to breath and prevent scratching as much as possible.
I found a lot of vitamin and other such creams just made it sweat more, therefor more irritation. Good luck hope your little ones clears up as my sons did.
I dont know from first hand but im a nurse for a dermatologist, the key is ti moisturize frequently. Use cerave or cetaphil in the cream formulation. You can get it at walgreens ir cvs. Or plain vaseline works well although its messy. If its severe, you may want to take your baby to a pedatric dermatologist they can give medicatuon that is safe and will work well

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.