Pregnancy: April 2016 Babies Community
183 Members

pregnant and taking low dosage of tramedol

I'm 13"weeks pregnant and I've been taking 2 pills of tramedol for the past 2 days. I'm not addicted to it, I've just been taking it for pain. But I was wondering if my baby should be fine?. I haven't took big amounts or anything. I take Tylenol til I reached my limited amount and then I take the tramedol.
Look it up on drugs.com. it's a category C med. It can cause neonatal withdrawal if used chronically.

I'm not sure what you're using it for but meds in general aren't good for the baby. Yeah, there's a list of pregnancy safe meds..  But still.

Is there anyway to use something more natural or on the "safe" list? Ginger is great for pain and inflammation reduction. Not to mention great if you have morning sickness as well.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.