Pregnancy: June 2011 Babies Community
51 Members

Why am i so worried

hi all, I dont know i am have a valid reason to be so worried and anxious. i have a 4 year old son and over the past year have had 2 miscarriages.
i am currently 15 weeks pregnant, and bled right through until i was 12 weeks, but baby was doing fine. we went for our 13 week check up about 2 weeks ago and baby is doing very well, we are due to have a check up at 16 weeks to find out the sex, but right i am so stressed that there is something wrong with my baby.
My mind is playing ugly tricks on me, wondring if there is still a heart beat, or if i have done something wrong between my last scan and now to have made something happen to my baby. i am a stress ball, and all i want to do is cry. I feel like i am being so silly, like i am driving myself crazy. But wait between scans is terrible.

Is anybody as stressed as i am? Please help, what can tell me that all is going fine?
You are not alone. I worry, but I remember what I was last told the baby is fine and growing well. I have twins already so I know I can do this. I also pray in moments of weakness. I also believe hormones add to our worry. Just remember so far you are doing well.
It is so hard NOT to worry, especially until you start to feel baby moving.  Just try to keep busy between appts, (with a 4 y/o, that should be easy, LoL), and think positive thoughts!  Picture baby growing, and moving, and growing.... And your next appt is coming right up!!  Best wishes!!
i know its not recommended by some but i bought a doppler to ease my mind and i check everyday somedays i struggle to find heartbeat but i can always hear baby moving around so it definatly helps. Alot of people say that using them can make you paronid and a bit obsessed but to me i find it comforting listening to my baby swimming around just for peace of mind. I recommended the one ive got t another lady on here and she loves hers too so let me know if you want the link. They really cheap well worth it i thnk x
I totally agree with emmiemac.  I ordered a doppler because a friend of mine said it was the best thing she did. I try to only listen every other day instead of every day. But it is a good way to bond I think. My husband feels more apart of the pregnancy now that he can hear at home.

I worry about the same things. Like if I did something inbetween appts that's has messed with baby or any and every other random thing. I try not to stress it as much and just enjoy these moments. I can't wait to feel bean move! I feel little things but I want that for sure punch!
I worry too. I am 11 weeks and 4 days. I had an US at 8 weeks 2 days and don't have another until I'm 13 weeks 2 days. I worry that something has happened. I try to stay positive and pray that everything is ok. I am thankful I still have neasea because it tells me my symptoms are still here. I hope that's a good sign. I really want a Doppler but the only ones I've seen are expensive and with Christmas right around the corner I don't have $100. I just can't wait for a week and 5 days when I can go tothe Dr and she says everything is fine. You're not alone.
have a look on amazon they are £20 on there, they are the more basic type but work just as well they are called angelsounds. Well worth the money x
I got mine off Amazon brand new for 23.35! with free shipping. Not top of the line but works the same.  good luck.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.