Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community

has anyone had amniocentesis done?

i did amniocentesis before 2 days im 6 months and 2 weeks, the doctor suspect baby has cystic fibrosis :(
Hi Betty.

I had an amnio at 18 weeks. Thankfully it was a straightforward procedure and results came back clear.
I'm not sure where you live but here in the uk I received a rapid test result within 24 hours and a full screening within 7 days.

I wasn't sure from your pist if you have had it done yet or due to have it? If you have any worries or questions about the procedure please feel free to ask and I will answer what I can.

I have my fingers crossed for a good result for you.

Take care of yourself and please try not to worry untill you know what you are dealing with exactly.