Pregnancy: May 2012 Babies Community
97 Members

i felt the baby moving 5 days ago !! but now im not feeling the baby moving anymore im 20 weeks !!! im very worried can that be normal ???

I don't feel the baby moving for the passed 3 days !!! I just felt it about 5 days ago but now I'm not feeling it any more !!! Is that ok ??
It can be normal. I am 20 weeks yesterday and started feeling little movement at 11 weeks and less than a week ago started feeling my baby kicking harder on the outside. Yesterday I was having severe back pain and not feeling well. My baby didn't start moving until later at night. Mine tends to move more when I am flat on my back or not doing anything.  It could be that baby has positioned itself just right so you can't feel anything. Like I said, yesterday mine was rather quiet. If you're still concerned about it, call your doctor and they can do a variety of tests to make sure baby is ok. I also have a heartbeat monitor I bought at Walmart for $25 and whenever I don't feel my baby I use that to hear the heartbeat and hear him move. He moves a lot and a lot of times I don't feel it. It may not hurt to pick one up or phone the doctor. Good luck and keep us updared.
I just wanted to add that yes, until quite a bit later in pregnancy, the baby can move so that you don't feel movement even after having felt it previously. I have been feeling movement most days for close to a month and haven't felt any for 2 days... I'm in the same boat but also know I had phases like this with my daughter and am trying to stay calm. :)
I think its ok. I know that i didn't think I was feeling the baby move alot but I also realized that I've been doing lots of stuff and I think he was moving when i was walking around and doing stuff so it just didn't feel as strong as it does when you are just chilling on the couch.  
I worried over the same thing. I felt her once when I was 19 weeks, and it took until my 22 week until I felt her again.
I worry too.... I'm 23 weeks and normally only feel her a little in the morning and in the evening when I'm in bed. I sit at a desk all day for work wondering how this child sleeps so much lol. I'm just ready to feel constant movement. I suppose they still have a lot of room to move about?
i wouldnt stress hun im 21w in 2 days 3rd baby i felt massive amounts movement really early with 1st 2 but this one i have felt once and he had pushed ryt up against my tummy so u could see he was there
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.