How are you doing on your weight gain?

Now that we're well into the second trimester the suggested weight gain is slightly over 1 pound a week. I know that's right about what I've been doing for the last 3 weeks. At this rate I'll be the same weight I was when my daughter was born probably around 175ish just shy of 180. My average non pregnancy weight is around 160 so that keeps me in the normal range.

I'm checking in to see how everyone else is doing with their weight gain. I know for some of us it can be hard to put the pounds on and even harder to make sure we don't gain too much.

I'm already looking forward to losing the weight after the baby is born!
I am 25 weeks and have gained a total of 15.5 pound and the babies are almost two pounds so as long as the babies are weighting fine I don't worry about it. I thought I was not gaining enough but see, the babies are great so I don't put a number on your head, I can't never gained 40 pounds OMG!!!! just remember as long as the babies are good that's it:)
Yes that's the important thing, I try not to even look at the scale all the time, maybe weekly if I can help it.  Between fluid building up and blood volume and everything else, lol

As long as you feel good and are eating healthy that is what is important,the thought of little baby toes keeps me happy :D
I am 25 weeks and have gained 14.5 lbs. I was underweight before pregnancy and this little one won't let me eat sweets and she seems to crave tomatoes and fruit. Don't know if that makes too much of a difference but my weight seems a little small for this far along.
im 18 wks and gained only 5lbs so far but baby is doing great!!  be thankful your not putting on huge weight!! I gained 60lbs with my daughter
Here is my weight update, I am almost 25 weeks and have gained 20 lbs.
I'm 25 weeks now and have gained 12.5 pounds total, but I did lose almost 8 in the first few weeks from nausea. I seem to be gaining a pound a week now.

I think I'll finish up around 180.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy: Oct 2011 Babies Community