A lot of bleeding and large blood clot?

I am 16 weeks 4 days pregnant.About a week ago I was prescribed flagyl because my pap test said I have bv. I start taking it for a day and a half and then suddenly one morning I woke up to no pain but a ton of blood everywhere! More than I even thought was possible! It just kept coming out and saturated about 3 pads an hour. My husband and I went to the emergency room and they said my hormone levels were fine and after my sono they were able to tell that my baby is fine. I stopped taking the flagyl for a couple of days because I was afraid it is what made me bleed. I went to my OB and she told me I have to keep taking it. So I listened and took it for another day and a half. Yesterday morning I.woke up to another big rush of blood and just as I was able to sit on the toilet, I felt a large clot come out of me. I was convinced it was my baby! I saw it and it looked like it could have been my baby. I freaked out to the point of almost fainting! My husband and I rushed to the emergency room just knowing we lost the baby. I get a ton of blood work done and another sono. I just knew my uterus was empty. Next thing we know I see the baby in there moving around! It is still in there and alive! I didn't even know what to do. My husband and I just stared at each other with tears in our eyes. The doctor said I was going through a threatened miscarriage and I am now on bed rest until I can go see my OB. I have almost stopped bleeding since yesterday when this all happened but I am such a nervous wreck! 

Has anyone else had this situation happen to them? Do you know what/why the blood clot was there? Has anyone taken flagyl for bv and experienced a similar situation?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry you're going through this ! But I think you should talk to your ob & let him know what's happening because of this medicine,.  Be strong ♡
Helpful - 0
Never been there this but is it possible a syst was on ur ovaries
Helpful - 0
Bump sorry u.are going thru this but im not much help I just hope everthing will be fine and this would go away goid luck...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community