Pregnancy Community

First Trimester Screening Results

I have just started my 14th week of pregnancy and have recently gotten my results for my First Trimester screening which came back with increased risk for Down Syndrome. I am curious about my numbers and in finding out more what they mean, etc.. My Free Beta HCG (MOM) is 2.68; PAPP-A MOM is .55;  NT(mm) 1.9
I am scheduled for an amnio on Nov. 8th as after the screening my risk of having a child with Down's is 1/184. I know that is still in my favor but it is hard not to be concerned.  I'm just searching for some more information or advice. Would it make sense to have my HCG levels tested through my urine to confirm that they are in fact high?
Also, I've tested positive as a carrier for Canavan and Cystic Fibrosis but my husband is not. Could these test results have anything to do with me being a carrier.
Thanks so much in advance for any advice!!
Hi.  Unfortunately, I don't know much about the numbers you posted.  But I do know that when my brother and his wife were expecting their first child, they had something like this happen.  Her tests showed borderline for Down Syndrome.  I believe they took another test and it came back normal.  My nephew was born perfectly healthy minus the Down Syndrome.  November 8th is right around the corner, so try not to worry.  I know it's hard.  Keep us posted.