Avatar universal

Insurance Confusion! Help!

I am currently covered under my fathers insurance but they will be dropping after I have the baby. So not only will I be looking for insurance for my baby but also myself. I'm not working and I don't know how to apply for it or who I should go through to get it. Also I know after your baby is born you are supposed to see a pediatrician but will they see my baby if I don't have insurance for her yet? I'm so confused and don't know what I'm doing being a first time mom.
2 Responses
Avatar universal
Your state should have something like Medicaid you apply through  the department of human services just look it up for your state and there should a website or phone number to get the info you need. It's the same place you'd go for food stamps if that makes sense. Apply for you and baby.
Avatar universal
Apply for medicaid some hospitals even will assist in the application because they want to make sure you can take the baby to a pedestrian in a couple of days.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.