Maybe wishful thinking

40+1 today. Had pains for a few days, went for a long walk the day before yesterday and got a pain just before getting home. Pretty sure it was a contraction, it built up gradually and the pain was pretty intense. I had to grab hold of my partners arm since it was so unexpected. Bounced on my ball all day after that and ate a full tin of pineapple but nothing more happened.
Yesterday got literally nothing! But now I'm getting tight but painless feelings high in my stomach and it feels hard too... Really not sure if it's just the little one wriggling around or if its tightenings. Slightly confused.
Just wish he would come already. I'm fed up of waiting now and tried pretty much everything.
Everyone including midwife has been saying sex, sex, sex. Had it twice yesterday and nothing. I dunno how much they expect you to have when you're the size of a whale and incapable of fully enjoying yourself. And I'm not sure how much they mean by lots either!
I guess I'm hoping what I'm feeling is tightening and that it will get stronger and painful. But I'm starting to lose hope now because I'm that fed up.
Ohh man. Thank you for this post it made me laugh especially about the sex sex sex thing! I have a hard time with it too since I am also the size of a whale!! Im not past my due date yet but pretty sure ill go past my due date ( in 4 days) since I've had hardly any signs of it. Even with bouncing walking sex and pineapple! So I totally understand where your coming from!
I've had on and off signs for ages and the day before my due date really got my hopes up because I had a contraction and pretty much waited all day for the next to come!
But yeah, its all everyone seems to say, get on with the sex. Like we haven't already! haha Got about 3 people saying it in one day, was just plain awkward especially coming from family members! lol
Is this your first? Im not sure if Ive had a contraction or not. My tummy will tighten occasionally. Since.I've been walking a ton sometimes my stomache will be rock hard and my back kills. And rarely ill get a pain down low. A few times I've had to stop and just breathe from that but its not often ): hahaha I know about the advice... It doesn't help that im not really in the mood like.. at all
Yeah my first. I'm usually unsure what i'm feeling but this was like strong and really tense across my stomach, it was hard to not know really. I'm just waiting to feel that again! haha
Isn't it weird how we hope for that kind of stuff! Lol do you have an induction date set or anything like that?
Just a stretch and sweep on wednesday. If that doesnt do anything maybe looking at setting up an induction the week after. Dont want to be induced though no matter how impatient i am!
Im RIGHT with you on that! I'd hate to be induced!!!
Castor oil even crossed my mind but after a little research i refused to think of it again. It might be almost certain to work but its not worth hurtinf my baby for just in case. So got to hope hell come in his own time before induction!
I've thought of it as well.. but I will not do that unless im like 42 weeks! Lol just because it can be so bad.. .
Don't get down beacuse you don't "feel" labor coming, when I was pregnant with my son I had not feelings or anything then out of the blue my water broke and labor kicked in full blast. You never know labor could be just minutes away. I wish you all great births and beautiful babies. :)  
Thank you!!! That gives me hope!
Well good luck for you. Seems were in the same boat haha
No problem. :) I just hope this baby comes earlier then my son did. I'm not due until march with this one but we are waiting until its born to see if its a boy or girl and its already driving me nuts not knowing lol.
Yes we are.! Good luck. Keep me posted!
Ladylynch- ohh goodness such a long way to go still! We thought about going the unknown gender route.. but I HAD to know. Idk how you do it lol
I wanted to wait to find out to, adds some more mystery to it all but my partner really didnt like not knowing :P haha but every night i go to bed and yeah, just hope I wake up in spontaneous labour with pains haha but we'll have to see :) Thanks for the support, the last few weeks really do drag and take its toll!
I told my husband that I wanted to wait when we first found out because although I'm going to try for a vbac I may have to have a c-section with this baby as well and I want something to be a suprise. lol. My hubby was on board right away and now there are times he has to remind me that I'm the one who wants to wait lol. I just really, really want a girl this time around an its so hard not knowing. lol. Hopefully I make it the rest of the way.  wish me luck I have a long way to go still. :)

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community