negative pregnancy tests

why is it that i have all the right pregnancy symptoms and the hpt are all saying negative..does anybody else have this problem?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
pregnancy symptoms by themselves don't mean anything, because they're actually quite similar to what many women get when expecting their period....are you late for your period yet?
Helpful - 0
Some times it could just be in our heads. I could have sworn a couple of times, I thought I was prego. ALL THE SYMPTOMS were there, but bloodwork and HPT came back negative. Depending on how late you are, I would say see you GYN or PCP.
Helpful - 0
well im not late yet..my period is is due july 3, but my last period was all over the place...which is strange. i plan on calling my ob/gyn tomorrow because i tested tonight and it was neg. but i swear something is up and im not imagining it all..thanks
Helpful - 0
Since you've not missed a period yet it could be too soon. Plus if you tested later in the day your urine could be far too diluted to show an accurate answer. You always want to test with first morning urine and a low sensitivity test for te best results if you're testing early.
Helpful - 0
thanks...just in the past i have never had such a hard time with hpt..when i had the symptoms i tested and poof there wa the positive..but no more hpt for me..i will see if my period comes then just going to go to dr next week...
Helpful - 0
i am now going on 37 days since the first day of my last period. i refuse to take another hpt so i have my appointment scheduled for the 19th so we will see
Helpful - 0
im en the same boat tomorrow me goin to call and try and get a appointment also for the 19th when my nephew goes in for his appoinment i took a test on july 2nd and it was negative but i still have sympthoms i wanna know whats wrong with me but i hope everything goes ok and u get the answers u want
Helpful - 0
from the research i have done, it is very possible to get a neg. on a hpt. and still be preg. i am hoping that i do get the results i am looking for if not my body is really messed up and something has to be wrong..lots ofluck to u
Helpful - 0
Keep me posted on ur results on mondays appointment and i will do the same i called today and i got a 10:20am appointment on the 19th i made it for that day cuz my nephew has an appointment too at 10am...gud luk to u
Helpful - 0
I also have an appt. for the 19th its at 10:45am I am only 8 DPO but if I dont get a possitive pregnancy test by then im going to get a refferal to a RE... im done have irregular cycles!! Good luck ladies!!
Helpful - 0
gud luk to u too princessren88
Helpful - 0
have found myself gtting more nervous as monday approaches, cause i still havent started, i wont take another hpt, and i ask myself what is wrong with me if the dr tells me i am not prego...guess will find out moday...good luck to others with dr appt..
Helpful - 0
good luck Monday and I hope everything turns out fine! :)
Helpful - 0
Karamoore2 i feel u im so nervous about my appointment on monday too im scared that the dr goin to tell me that the test came back negative but also at the sametime i feel pregnant at times expecialy at nite when i lay on my tummy it feels wierd where i have to kinda be on my knees a lil bit of have to lay on my side i also keep wakin up alot at nite and when i wake up my lower back hurts :(
Helpful - 0
i so feel your complaints....i have woke up almost every morning with morning sickness, my lower back hurts occassionally, i am going pee alot more often..even thru the night, my tummy just feels weird at times, and my breasts seem to be more full and tender to the touch, and im tired more often than not. i do hope for the both of us it turns out the way we want...my appt is not until 145 central time  so i yours is before mine i will be thinkin of ya...good luck
Helpful - 0
Awwww i will be thinkin about u too when its ur time...yeah ive been goin to the bathroom more then i normaly did i was goin maybe up to 5 times a day now im goin probley up to about 13 times a day at nite i use to only wake up and go once but now i wake up about 3 times to go and all 3 times it feels lyk i havent gone in a long time lol...tonite i had gottin a call from one of my friends she said she was prego that she had 2 BFPs last month she told me that her and her husband was goin to try for their 2nd in a few months but when she was visitin me last month i think she was already prego lol its juss wierd alot of people i know r pregnant nobody in my family is but 6 of my friends r
Helpful - 0
CrystalLynn916  its that way where i work everyone is prego...well almost everyone anyways. congrats to your friend. let hope we get a congrats as well....i get up at least 3 times a night..if not more and just like you it feels like i havent pee'd in forever...
MOMOFALLBOYS...thanks cross your fingers for me
Helpful - 0
TODAY IS THE DAY! im pretty sure that time s going to go by really slow today at work. but onw thing is for sure time will pass and i will find out for sure...talk to yall soon    goodluck
Helpful - 0
Yup 2day es the day we find out im already up and gettin ready so that way my sister can get up and get her and my nephew ready i am so nervous lastnite was such along nite i woke up at almost 2am thinkin it was 6 lol gud luk to everyone else who has a doctors appointment 2day for blood test :)
Helpful - 0
well i juss got back from the doctors dnt go so gud they where sum crappy doctors and nurses i m not goin back there ever again the doctor i had was a male for one i prefure female doctors cuz they know more on how u feel and ok im a big girl and big gurls can still get pregnant i seen the shows on tlc well they made me do a urine test when i called and made the appointment i asked for a blood test well the urine test came back negative pero i still feel yecky lyk i might be oh and he gave me a prescription for nexium and its for acid reflex it was a bunch of BS now i dnt know whaa to do im goin to keep waitin for my period to start and keep lukin for a new doctor that dr was rude and he inurupted me when i was tryin to tell him what was wrong i feel lyk crap this crap makes me wanna cry im goin to do a hpt sumtime next week he told me it still might be to early but he acted lyk i had sex one time and was juss assuming that that was probley why i thought i was no i have a boyfriend now for the past year now and we been havin sex since last october he also told me that he wanted me to be on birth control he didnt ask if i wanted to i dnt if he would have gave me a prescription for it i wouldnt have took it me and my boyfriend wants a baby...well gud luk to u karamoore2 and princessren88 hope u ladies get the results u want crossin my fingers for u guys
Helpful - 0
well my dr was nice and understood my situation and was willing to help. my urin test came back negative, but dr sent me to get complete blood work done including a blood preg test. i will find out those results in 1-2 days. if the blood test comes back neg. my dr as given my a prescription to start my period and another prescription that will make me ovulate or thats the plan anyways. so we will see how it goes.but i am cranky and not in a good mood at all. my emotions are on a rollercoaster ride. so i am going to bed. i hope that others appointment turned out better and that everyone gts the answer they want eventually
Helpful - 0
got the results from blood test and blood work on tuesday the 20th...it was negative for pregnancy, but all bloodwork showed that i was healthy and not any problems. i started taking the provera immediatly and today will be day 5 on it. i have experienced some cramping, hot flashes and nausea, but no period....so who knows....
Helpful - 0
i'm in the same boat as you i haven't gotten a period in 8 months and the doc's are tellin me its normal i know its not and they are not listenin to me its so annoyin i feel like crap over it i hope you get yours and get your bfp asap xx xx
Helpful - 0
i feel really frustrated with all of it...my dr was pretty postive that i would start my period during my 10 days of taking the provera or at least no later than a week after i have stopped taking it...but we will see. imglad that i am not the only one, but wish we would get the results we want
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community