Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ring test?

Who all has tried the ring test? And how have the results of that test compared to what you actually had? I did it three different times today and it said girl all three times. I am praying that its right and were having a girl.  Its what were really wanting and it will be my moms second granddaughter but more like her first cuz my sister and all of us don't have a great relationship.
21 Responses
it's funny because i actually just tried the ring test today. it said im having a boy. my friend who did it said her and her pregnancy group all did it and whatever it said, was true for everyone. i'm hoping mines not true, but i guess we'll find out sooner or later! good luck :)
it's funny because i actually just tried the ring test today. it said im having a boy. my friend who did it said her and her pregnancy group all did it and whatever it said, was true for everyone. i'm hoping mines not true, but i guess we'll find out sooner or later! good luck :)
2026902 tn?1369098398
What's the ring test?
1712422 tn?1443337501
I did the washer and string test…mine says boy everytime…and when I do it over my hand it says girl at first (I have a 4 year old daughter) and then goes back into saying boy…I will find out May 16th!!!
I tried it a while back when i wasn't pregnant and it says i was having a boy! But now im pregnant im having a girl. That ring stuff dnt wrk lol
You use one of your rings and a string or a piece of your hair and hold it either over your belly or the palm of your hand and it will either swing back and forth(boy) or in a circle(girl).
I have heard mixed things about this.  I am hoping its true for us. We have 3 weeks until were finding out.
2039502 tn?1334876850
My friend did it to me when I was in the beginning of my pregnancy and it said girl. Weeks later I went for my ultra sound to find out and they said I'm having a girl. I'm due in 5 days :)
1712422 tn?1443337501
I heard you have to be married when using a "wedding" ring….I am not married and that is why I used the washer…I did it over DF 's palm and it didn't move at all
I did the bobby pin with a piece of yarn gender test and what it does it gives your children in order. Circle for a girl back and forth for boy, it have me two circles and then a back and forth and I have two daughters and I'm pregnant with a boy! And everyone I know that's done it if has worked and it will even bring up sex of a baby you have miscarried and everything!
2075786 tn?1342908758
I just tried this....and in both places it said girl...i even tried making it go back and forth(because I want a boy) and it still went right back to circles....i guess ill find out in 7 more weeks if it really works
Never tried it. Where do you usually get it from and how much does it cost.?
Never tried it. Where do you usually get it from and how much does it cost.?
1712422 tn?1443337501
it's just a piece of yarn or string and either your wedding ring or a washer (the circular deals that go at the end of a bolt)

It's not a store bought gender test...
Hmm does it matter the size of your ring?? My wedding band is tiny lined with tiny diamond and my engagement ring is like twice that size. I suppose I'd have to use the wedding band though huh? And how thick of a string?? I've heard of doing it with a needle and thread too.
I know I'm having a boy I saw it lol was hoping they'd be wrong as I already have two boys but during a BPP he decided to show us what he's got lmbo right up in the screen that's all we could see.
The ring test has wrk'd on all of my children. But, either way, its pretty much just a stroke of luck kind of thing. The only way to find out is the doctor, but its fun to play the games. It may wrk for some, and may not wrk for others. Theres a bunch of gender games to play online. The chinese gender didnt wrk for me, at all. But good luck and hope you have a little Princess, :)
PS- A boy wldnt be so bad! Let us knw!
756023 tn?1338520435
The ring test worked with both my girls as well.  With my last pregnancy I tried the chinese gender and it didn't work.  Said I was having a boy when in fact I had a girl.  Good luck!
The Chinese gender says boy but this said girl. Im hoping this is right :) I have been helping take care of my nephews for the last 9 years and I'm ready for a lil girl but no a boy wouldn't be that bad.
1954574 tn?1324875974
Chinese gender says boy, this says boy... Lol. I don't know the sex yet, ill find out tomoz though hopefully!
I just did it and it did the circles, then held over my hand and it immediately changed to back and forth, I have a 4 year old boy already...I am nearly 11 weeks and want to keep it a mystery! Hope It's a girl!
I tried the ring test and its starts with circular then changes to swinging from side to side ... However when I move it over to my husband its comes to a stop... I have done pegnancy tests but comes back negative ... But the ring shows something totaly difrent...I can also feel movement but very slight and soft movements and not the whole time
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.