should i test now or wait?

Hello (: my husband and I have been ttc for about 3 months now. My periods are pretty regular but last 2 months it only lasted for 2 days. I took a test and it was negative, last month I was a couple days late but had a fairly normal period, lighter than normal but lasted around 5 days (Oct. 3-Oct. 8). We have been having sex just about all we can and I have some slight symptoms ie. Blouting, heavy gas, very tired, cravings, sensitive to smells, grumpy/irritable, frequent trips to the bathroom, neusea (no vomiting), body aches, lower back pain, and headaches. My next period is suppose to be in about 10 days according to my ttc calendar. Should I wait to test or test now? Could I be pregnant? I'm just soo excited and I don't wanna wait! Lol
Thanks for reading!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks ladies! I will be testing next week! & Will post my results. (:
Helpful - 0
I would agree. I know it's SO hard to wait but I would just so it's accurate. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Definitely wait till your period is late.  I tested positive 3 days after my period was due, but it could take even more time after your missed period for your body to build up enough of the hormone to be detected on a home pregnanct test. Also, make sure you use your first morning urine when u do test. Sending good vibes your way!
Helpful - 0
Your very welcome and I hope you conceive soon!
Helpful - 0
Thankyou! :)
Helpful - 0
I would wait to test when it comes to trying to conceive we often make our bodies think we are pregnant. Your period is not for 10 days so wait to see if it comes plus it you test too early it will give you a false negative. I would test if your period is late and if the test is negative test again in 3 days or you can have your obgyn do a blood test to make sure that you are not pregnant until then have plenty plenty plenty of sex exercise healthy diet and vitamins(folic acid and prenatal vitamins) to encourage the body to get into the baby mood.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community