Rare Diseases Community

Cauases of ACC

Aplasia Cutis Congenita and they told me is was genetic however I've never seen anything like it on either side of the family! I was in 2 car accidents while pregnant with her so my question is could this be the cause of her Aplasia Cutis Congenita? As I have read on the Internet where this could be the cause in some cases. Is that true?
How are you? Aplasia cutis congenita is a rare condition in which there is a congenital absence of skin and commonly affects the scalp, trunk, arms, and legs. The cause of this condition is unclear and appears to be multifactorial. It is the result of more than one disease process and more than one mechanism is involved. Aside from genetic factors, teratogens (eg, methimazole, carbimazole, misoprostol, valproic acid), compromised vasculature to the skin, and trauma are also responsible. In your case, this depends on the extent of the accidents, trauma and exposure to medications during this time. Talk to your doctor about this for proper management. Take care and best regards.
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.