Rare Diseases Community

Confusion re: lab results

A few months ago, I started experiencing bouts of joint pain (fingers, knees, hips). It has happened twice. The "symptoms" lasted for a few weeks then went away and I was fine until it happened a second time (it has since cleared again). I went to my general practitioner and they ran a "joint pain" panel.

The results were:

HCT 36.9, low (range37.7-47.9)
SED RATE 5.0, (range 0-15)
TSH 2.76 (range .5-6) *I am hypothyroid and on levothyroxin
RHEUMATOID FACTOR 4.1 (range 0-16)
ANA SCREEN 0.76, high (range 0.0-0.39)
ANA SCREEN=POSITIVE
ANA PATTERN=speckled
ANTINUCLEAR ANTIBODIES 1:40, higher (range 1:8 elevated antibody level

An assistant to my general practitioner called today and said "Carol said your labs are all normal". I received a copy in the mail today as well, listing the above numbers...Can anyone make sense of this, I don' understand the abnormalities.
a speckled ana 1:40 is present in 20-30% of the popultation. It is usually considered to be an incidental finding of little or no significance.
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.