Rare Diseases Community

Fever of Unknown Origin

I've had a low-grade Fever of Unknown origin for 7 weeks as I write this, with extreme exhaustion. I have been through extensive testing and had many things ruled out, like Mono, Lyme, UTIs, tumors. I've had CT Scan of abdominal area, Blood Cultures, Urine cultures, Chest X-ray. I tried a week of Cipro as I was sure I had a UTI (my fever started the day after sex), and my pain went away but my fever and fatigue remain.

I am seeing an Infectious Disease Doctor in 4 weeks. But in the meantime my "fever" runs between normal (98) and 100.5 every day and my exhaustion is making it almost impossible to lead a normal life.

My GYN has suggested Estrogen as my FSH is 66 (post-menopausal). However I can't find evidence that low estrogen causes fever? I am also wondering about psychogenic fevers - is it possible that chronic stress/anxiety can cause this? thank you everyone who shares information. Namaste.
have you been tested on rare infective diseases? (for example trench fever, Rickettsioses, Malaria ect.).
Has acute intermittent porphyria been tested?
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.