Rare Diseases Community

anal fistula

Good Morning
I wonder if someone can help and give me advice? I have been suffering for 20 years and approx 15/20 operations with a anal fistula. Last week i went for what I though was the "last one". my seton finally came out. But to my surprise when i wake up after surgery I am in extreme pain on the top of my pubic area. My surgeon told me unfortunately it has spread. :(   i cant go on like this anymore, has anyone got any advice to try avoid this pubic abcess from coming back. It has been a week and i am still in pain and have noticed a very hard lump just above the surgery area . Please help
Thank you
Regards
Stacey
Hi Stacey,
How are you? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the last 20 years. Surgery is almost always necessary to cure an anal fistula but some complications can occur including infection, anal fissure, recurring abscess or scarring. If the surgery was not successful, it is best that you discuss this with your doctor or have a referral or seek another specialist's opinion  for proper management. Further evaluation may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi Stacey,

May I know how is your anal fistula? Did you find a way to manage it?

Regards.
New study links cell phones to slightly increased cancer risk. Should you be concerned?