-The MAO-A in the brain can be influenced.
-Sirtuins are MAO-A modulators.
-SIRT1 activates MAO-A and decreases serotonin via deacetylation of NHLH2
Suggestions for addressing Low MAO-A, modulating adrenaline levels and reducing inflammation.
1. Optimize SIRT1 levels.
2. Normalize circardian rhythm.
3. Exercise daily but before 7 pm
4. Take ample sun (to increase Vit. D and Nitric Oxide)
5. . Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) is a necessary co-enzyme for SIRT1 to work
6. Highest quality possible of B complex (containing Methyfolate and Methylocobalamin B12)
7. DHA & EPA Omega-3s from Krill oil.
8. Eliminate all junk food & pro-inflammatory cooking oils Use coconut oil which does not degrade with heat.
9. Reduce carbs (anything with sugar, grains, flours etc.
10. Increase cellular levels of magnesium.
Magnesium modulates cellular events involved in inflammation
Magnesium chloride (oral and transdermal) is the best source.