Respiratory Disorders Community

Aspiration during surgery causing lungs to leak

Last Monday I went in for a very simple procedure, was planning to be home by lunch time and back at work on Tuesday.  It seems as though during my simple procedure I aspirated which caused my lungs to leak fluid.  This put me in ICU for 3 days. multiple chest x rays, chest cat scans, heart test and so on.  the day of the surgery my blood gas was 65% and 4 days later it was 93%.  I think I technically have pneumonia???  My questions~ anyone else have this same experience?,  what is the recovery time?, how long should I plan off from work?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
Its the recovery time, this depends on the initial insult and consequent infection of the lungs. If clinically you have no symptoms and are able to carry on your daily activities, then you could attend work.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.