Respiratory Disorders Community

Shortness of breath

Hi.  For about 3 months, I've had a feeling that something is sitting on my chest.  I cannot get a full breath out, and I'm always yawning to get that full breath. I don't have any other symptoms of pain, coughing, wheezing, etc.  I've had blood work done, a chest X-Ray, an EKG (which showed a left atrial enlargement), and an Echo-cardiogram done.  The echo. was done because of the EKG results. Everything turned out fine.  I also had sinus surgery done a month ago.  I was hoping that was part of my breathing issues, but evidently, it was not as I'm still having a hard time breathing.  I've been on Buspar to see if it was anxiety......not helping at all. I've bought essential oils and a diffuser - no change.  I did have a lot of stress about 3 months ago (3 funerals in 6 weeks, went back to work, etc.)  I don't know if that triggered something or not.  I have "another" appt. in 2 days to do other tests.........more money.   Just wondering if anyone else had this and what it ended up being.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.