Respiratory Disorders Community

Viral Upper Respiratory Infection and Pink Eye

Exactly a week ago a came up with a severe swollen and sore throat and was rapid tested for strep which came back negative. My throat was not very red, mostly swollen, and did not have white spots. I believe the infection was viral, though this wasn't tested. It cleared up in 3-4 days, now 7 days later it is still a little sore but better. Once my throat started to improve my nose became more congested as well as pressure in my ears with green/yellow snot and sometimes blood. The congestion continues to today. Now 7 days after the initial symptoms of my sore throat I have pink eye in one eye that has a thick discharge. With three ailments, would it be a good idea to ask for an antiviral from the doctor? Or should I just continue to ride it out?
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.