Respiratory Disorders Forum

green phlemg more info

I just posted a question regarding coughing and green phlemg...I forgot to mention I do not smoke and never did.  My asthma was diagnosed in the last two yrs.  Late Onset Asthma.  went to er with tight chest & trouble breathing cardiac workup done but neg. but asthma test were done and confirmed asthma.  Thanks again.  I'm coughing green balls as I write this...Help!
Green phlegm usually, although not always, indicates infection.  This phlegm could be coming from your sinuses and/or your lungs.  It would be unrelated to your lupus.  It may be a sign of a non-infectious, hypersensitivity or allergic problem such as allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA).

To find out what could be wrong your phlegm needs to be carefully examined, both under a microscope and by culture.  It should be cultured for bacteria, fungi and mycobacteria.  A CT scan of your chest may show if there is another problem effecting your lungs.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.