Respiratory Disorders Community

need help cant breath

I really need the help of anyone with medical experience or anyone familiar with my situation for this situation is ruining my life completely. For 4 months I have been having trouble breathing, it’s more like I can’t take a deep breath. The feeling is like an elephant is sitting on my chest and I can’t expand my lungs to take a breath and at the same time It feels like something’s going on in my throat. I notice it makes it worse when I lay flat on my back or when I sit on the couch or when I get in my car to drive or when I bend over to put my shoes on. I have to lie on my side to get some relief and that’s the only way I can get a few hours of sleep. I have been to the doctor 4 times and my heart, lungs, liver, kidneys are fine and the doctor tells me there is nothing wrong with me. I’m told I don’t have copd or asthma nor emphysema nor t. b. Also when I do activities like take out the trash or bring the groceries in to the house etc. this breathing problem occurs to. I am 36 years old I stand 5’6” and weigh 230 lbs. I was a smoker for 15 years but have not smoked in 3 months. I have lost my car cause my job don’t work me and there about to let me go due to being a liability to the company. I don’t know what I’m going to do to take care of my family and pay the bills. If anyone has any thoughts or know anything about this please shed some light on me thank you so much.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There is an entity called exercise induced Asthma, here as the person starts exercise, the changes in the environmental air breathed in trigger an attack of asthma, causing cough and breathlessness. Have yourself evaluated for the same. This can be detected by a spirometry test.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?