RA runs in the family

Can anyone tell me about RA factors? I've been told my RA factor is 20.9. I have fluid in both knees and one wrist, and they are very painful. My mom has had RA since she was mid 30's her mum and my grandmother too. I'm 29. Will it just get worse?
Hate to here you have this painful disease at such an early age. But Unfortunately it doesn't get better as far as the transformation ur body takes. I was diagnosed when I was 32 I'm 38 now and I've been on so many diffrent meds I've lost count. But I also have fibromyalgia, and Osteoarthritis which is a form of degenerative back disease. There's actually meds to slow the process down... But yet have I seen it get better. My levels were in the high 50s which last time I seen my Rheumotologist it was in the 30s. My R.A has effectcmy hands (fingers) they have already started to make the changes R.A has affect on you. Good luck your still really young. keep on keeping on until the Dr finds ehats best for you!!
Sorry this is happening to you.  I was diagnosed a few weeks ago but the symptoms had been going on for nearly a year.  My joints didn't stop swelling and the paid did not go away on its own.

I switched to vegan eating habits two weeks ago and don't miss meat, milk, ice cream, eggs, or any animal protein.  Getting diagnosed and reading The China Study lit a fire under me.  I don't eat processed foods.  I stick to vegetables and fruits, beans, brown rice.  I use lots of spices, garlic, ginger.  Turmeric helps inflammation so I eat it in food and take a supplement.  The swelling in my fingers was so bad before I changed my eating habits.  They got better but not normal.  

Check out the Dr. McDougall website for scientific studies linking nutrition with RA.  (https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2014nl/may/tencases.htm)

My endo got me scripts for prednisone and MTX.  I took the prednisone for the first time two days ago.  The swelling went down even more.  I took the MTX yesterday for the first time.  I haven't had any side effects.  I expected to have fatigue and nausea after the MTX.  I wonder if the lack of side effects has to do with the fact that I'd been taking folic acid, B12, and biotin for a week before starting the MTX?  

One other thing.  A positive anti-CCP test plus positive rheumatoid factor test is (typically) a definite yes to rheumatoid arthritis.  You might ask for the anti-CCP test.

You are reading content posted in the Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.