rheumatoid arthritis

Can rheumatoid arthritis ever disappear from a person's body?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It cannot "disappear" but can go into remission. My mother was in remission for 2 years before the disease came back. This is after doing infusions and being on medication for over 15 years. But sadly it's returned and the medicine that worked before no longer does. :(
Helpful - 0
If you have been tested and were told you have R.A then no. You can get on the right medication to get it under control but it's there! In my situation I'll take a med for a few months thinking it's helping then before I know it I'm having a major flare up in my hands (fingers) then back to changing meds again. There's no cure just meds to slow the crippling process this painful disease has on ppl. I was diagnosed at the age of 31 or 32 I'm 38 now, and has been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia since. Good luck to you my friend here if you have any questions.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?