SPOAK Online Community
5 Members

New Epi Pen -vs- Older Model

Recently, I have heard a few parents tell me how they have tried to use the new epi-pen during a reaction and they stated the new one, had malfunctioned during use.  Since it was the second time I heard this, I decided to do my own test with one of the new epi-pens.  Since I have had to use the old one already, I am used to this one and thought it best to test the new one in comparison.  I took the Avi-q and inserted it into an apple...I found that the injection countdown was helpful and when it was done, the needle automaticly went back into the shaft and I was not able to veiw the needle.  I then had to search for the tiny little pinhole it created and I could not see any liquid.  So, I am not sure how long the needle is (looks much smaller then the old one and half the thickness as I had to look into the shaft to see it).  I would love to hear from anyone who has used this epi pen successfully or has any insight into the differences.  I want to feel safe when my son carries his pen.

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.