STDs / STIs Community

4 weeks since receiving oral sex from stranger, should I bother getting tested?

Almost 4 weeks ago I received oral sex from a stranger in an adult movie theater.  This is the first and only time I have done this.  I understand there is some risk of Gonorrhea and Herpes, but for both the risk is low.  Since then I have only had protected sex with my partner, but I am wondering, if after almost 4 weeks I have no symptoms, should I even bother getting tested?  Let me be clear, if I did end up having herpes and passing it on to my partner, this would ruin my life.  so I just want to be sure.  If an expert thinks I have nothing to worry about at this point, I'll let it go
Test just because you have a partner. Really nothing to worry about.
The risks are Very low from what I've read. Herpes could be transferred by hsv1 giving you hsv1 not hsv2. Gonorhhea is also unlikely and you'd have stmptoms
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.