Azithromycin 1g- Anyone have any experience with this drug?

Hi there,

My partner and I both tested positive for Chlamydia, we were informed one of us brought it into the relationship from previous partners as we are both committed.

We were given 1g each of Azithromycin.

Apart from a slight case of diarrhea, I seem to be fine.

However my girlfriend is worried as shes having pimples/hives form and is also complaining of itchy skin.

I've informed her it could be an allergy. What I need to know is the following-

1) Is this common/normal?
2) Will it surpass?
3) Should she seek immediate medical attention?
4) She has showed me a photo, it seems like pimples in single form. One on her back and one on her leg.

I am worried as she is panicking.

Any advice?

Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, this forum is not for medicine issues so i would suggest asking the pharmissit or even your doctor about this but im sure the pharmissit could answer your question.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.