Can Cipro affect STD test?

I had my urine tested for Chlamydia/Gonorrhea at planned parenthood.  They never called me back and never sent me a positive notice in the mail.  Apparently their policy is that they're so busy they will only call back if there is a problem.

I was taking cipro at the time of the test.  Could the urine test be affected by me taking cipro at the time the sample was taken?  Or does that not matter?

Well it can affect the test by possibly curing what you had if you had something.
also note it is standard for Planned Parenthood to NOT call unless they have a reason to call.  They always say if you dont hear from them in a week, they won't be calling.

Cipro can effect the test as Vance pointed out

-NA
In fact no it can not I went to GU doctor yesterday after tested negative for chlaymida and gonherea while on cipro he's answer to me was ciprofloaxcin can not cure sti it could only cause a false positive not s negative because it does not cure the infection . pls vience and need advise 0615 do not use false answers !!
start your own thread
Don't use false answers if ur trying to help ..

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.