Can antibiotic alter the STD tests?

If a person had been taking amoxilin or uro blue, and then take STD tests, would the test results be accurate?
Can antibiotic affect accuracy of what STD tests? Chlamydia, gonerriha, syphilis, herpes, HIV, or all of them?
If the answer is YES, how long time after stopping taking antibiotic, can we get tested for STDs?
I am taking uro blue for possible UTI, if I am going to get tested for STDs, should I stop taking it? How long should I wait, then get tested for STDs to guarantee the STD test is accurate?
Thank you!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, yes taking antibiotics can alter bacterial testing. Its recommended to test one month after completing treatment for testing.
How about urogesic blue? It is for UTI. I also need to stop for 1 month for syphillis testing? Syphilis is by bacterial, right? How about herpes? Does uro blue alter herpes testing?
Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Im not sure but i believe it inhibits bacteria growth so may affect a test.Syphilis is a bacteria and herpes a virus. No antibiotics will affect herpes outcome or testing

I will stop uro blue now, and get tested for syphilis and herpes 2weeks later. I ate uro blue for 2 days now. Hope it doesn't alter the results.
Thank you so much!

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.