Do I need STD test after performing oral sex?

I sucked a married male friend briefly about 30 seconds. Then I took amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day for 3 days.
About 2 days after exposure, sometimes  I got headaches and felt dizzy and tired and sore muscle in my arms and legs.
No other symptoms after 8 days.
It seems that performing oral could get syphilis or gonereah.
Should I get tested now?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Did you get the headaches and such while taking the amox?

How long has it been since stopped taking the amox? The problem with self-treating is that antibiotics can give you false negatives, so unless it's been a few weeks, your testing might not be accurate.

In any case, syphilis is uncommon, and wouldn't give you those symptoms, and not at 2 days. You'd get a painless, round sore called a chancre. It takes at least 3 weeks for this to appear.

Oral gonorrhea doesn't usually give symptoms for 7-21 days after infection.

Gonorrhea and syphilis wouldn't make you feel dizzy, or give you headaches. I wonder if that's a side effect of the amox, but if you've stopped taking that, those symptoms should have stopped.

Make sure you're hydrated, and if you still feel these symptoms, see your doctor. They could indicate something more serious than an STD.
Thanks for your input.
I have stopped amox for 4 days now, and no headache now. But still have sore muscle.
Do you mean I would get gonorrhea or syphilis symptoms after 3 weeks?
How long should I wait for STD test (Gonorrhea or syphilis) after amox? How soon can I test for Gonorrhea or syphilis if I didn’t take amox?
Thanks again.
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/amoxicillin-side-effects.html - muscle aches are a side effect of amox. So are headaches. You didn't take it that long, so I can't imagine the side effects would linger much longer. I'm serious when I say that if this lingers much longer than a couple of more days to get this checked out, especially with the dizziness, although that's a side effect of amox, too.

If you hadn't taken amox, you could do a test for oral gonorrhea now. Either way, with or without antibiotics, you need to wait 6 weeks for a syphilis test. Since you took it, you should wait 3 weeks from your last amox to test for gonorrhea.

Oral gonorrhea isn't that common, and syphilis is less common in general. I don't think it's something you need to freak about, but I understand the concern if you have a regular partner you don't want to infect.
Oh and I should add that a 30 second oral encounter isn't that long, and reduces your risk some, too.
When would I show symptoms of Gonorrhea or syphllis if any?
I have known him for years, and he promised he is STD free, but I am still worried.
Thank you so much!
I agree with biology2017 below to not rely on symptoms - many people get no symptoms of oral gonorrhea.

And you've taken an antibiotic that may slow symptoms down. You can't rely on timetables here.

Just try to wait and get tested. You don't have a lot to worry about, but just test in a few weeks for oral gonorrhea and at 6 weeks for syphilis. Your risk is low for both.
Please do not rely on symptoms to tell if you have STDs.
When will symptoms show varies for different individuals, and it is likely that some infected people do not have any symptoms.
I recommend to test for STDs at the relevant period, to ensure you are not infected.
Thank all of your responses. I was planing to take STD test after 3 weeks, including gonorrhea and syphilis, but you know the coronavirus is spreading and scary. I know my chance to get STD is pretty low after briefly sucking a married guy.
No gonorrhea or syphilis symptoms so far.
What should I do now? Do you think it is a good idea to go to the clinic for STD test? I am afraid of the coronavirus now. What do you think? Thanks
I don't see a big need to test. Call the clinic and ask what, if any, precautions they are taking right now to reduce exposures to coronavirus, and make your decision from there.

There's also no need to create new posts. We answer here on a volunteer basis, and not in real time. Sometimes you have to wait for responses. It is really helpful if you keep your responses to one thread.
Thank you so much for your help. Really helpful.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.