Herpes, or maybe hpv?

Hey, I'm a 17 year old male with some post sex paranoia. I've only had sex with one person (my ex) and according to her I was the only person she's ever had sex with. We partook in oral as well as vaginal sex. Anyway, just this past month I noticed some bumps on the back of my penis head. My doctor told me this was "normal". From research online it appeared to be Pearly Penile Papules, but the bumps are more of a pink color or flesh color than the white seen online. Also, the whole head of my penis is very sensitive. Just walking and having my penis rub against my underwear causes discomfort (not pain) this has been going on for about 4 weeks and I'm not sure if this sensitivity could be caused by genital herpes or hpv? Also I saw people online talking about sensitivity but they are all uncircumcised. I would like to point out I am circumsized.
Believe your doctor. The bumps are harmless papules. HSV is a cluster of blisters that form and rupture into painful ulcers and then heal. Sometimes prior to an outbreak, podrome occurs, which the affected area becomes sensitive before blisters appear. Flu like symptoms sometimes occur with an outbreak.
Summer sweating can make our clothing irritate our skin. You were seen and your provider saw nothing unusual. At this point I"d just try using a corn starch based powder on your genitals when getting dressed to help reduce friction and irritation.

You were both virgins. Hsv1 would be your only risk and your symptoms do not sound at all like herpes. No reason to be thinking other stds as a cause.

Have you had your full gardasil shot series for hpv yet?

grace
No, sadly since the vaccine is new my parents "don't trust" that it has no negative side effects. I have gotten none of the shots

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.