High level for HSV 2 IgG,Type Specific Test?

I had a .87 result on a HSV 2 IgG,Type Specific test. I've had no symptoms. It says that the index for the scale is 0-.90. I guess that means I am just .03 away from the threshold. Does this mean that I could be positive? I am going in for another test this week just to make sure but I wanted to get a better idea of what this actually means.
No worries -- your test is negative. Any value below 0.9 is negative; there is no difference between results of say 0.1, 0.4, and yours of 0.87. The higher number does not indicate "a little bit" of HSV2 antibody. In fact, if the same specimen were tested 10 times with 10 different test kits, it would give 10 different numbers which could vary anywhere between 0.10 and 0.90.

So unless you have an especially high suspicion of herpes (e.g., typical symptoms), I recommend you not spend any money on additional testing.

I hope this has helped. Best wishes.
So I should not be worried that my test the year before was at .12?
Nothing to worry about. Re-read my reply above.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.